The Halti Optifit Head Collar for dogs has been designed specifically to stop your dog pulling on walks.
The Optifit Head Collar does this by gently steering the dog’s head so that the body has to follow.
Invented by Roger Mugford, the Halti Optifit features adjustable chin straps allowing for an optimum fit and maximum comfort whatever the shape of the dog’s face.
Therefore the Halti Optifit will not rise up into the dog’s eyes or touch the dog’s flews (lips).
• The Halti Optifit Headcollar comes with a comprehensive training DVD, booklet and Halti safety link. The Halti Optifit is a training programme guaranteed to stop your dog pulling when he is on the lead.
• Adjustable chin strap to suit the length of your dog’s’ nose and sliding side straps that self adjust to the facial contours of your dog.
• Unique reflective cheek straps to ensure your dog can be seen in low light.
• Cushioned to ensure supreme comfort and durability.
• Sliding camlock ensures the head collar is secure and fits every dog.
• Safety link and dual interlocking buckle for additional safety.
It is recommended that time is taken when accustoming your dog to the Halti Optifit Head Collar, so that he has a positive association with it.
To do this, place the noseband flat in your hand and feed your dog treats, so that he is happy to put his nose through it.
When your dog accepts it, you can easily secure the neck section, so that it is snug but not too tight.
To make sure your dog cannot pull the nose band back over his nose simply slide the camlock towards his chin and lock.
Again, ensure the cam-lock is not so high that it limits his ability to pant, eat or open his mouth.
Remember to praise and reward your dog to help distract him and ensure it’s a rewarding and successful experience.
Small = Westie, Jack Russell, Yorkie, Border Terrier.
Medium = Labrador, German Shepherd, Boxer, Doberman, Retriever.
Large = Rottweiler, Great Dane, Newfoundland, Large German Shepherd.
Note this is a highly adjustable product and the above are guidelines only.
The neck strap and cam-lock on the chin strap mean that a Labrador, for example could fit both a medium and large size Optifit.
A medium sized terrier could fit both a small and a medium Optifit.